Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh LGS, how we love thee.

A few weeks ago(13 days, if you want to get technical) I ordered a unit of Druids and some Sentry Stones from the LGS(local game store). Usually when you order stuff it'll be in within a week, unless of course the owner forgets to place the order. Which happened in this case, and kind of sucks a little bit, since I'd been looking forward to painting the Druids. I can understand forgetting to order a solo or blister of infantry. But $50 worth of stuff that I prepaid for? Kind of a let-down. Don't get me wrong, I usually don't mind the LGS owner, and I've been trying to support the store with my Circle army a wee bit more than with the lots of Khador I already own. After all, we game there at least once a week. But it's incidents like this that make me understand why people would rather order from the internet, where you can usually find stuff at 20% off. Gah!

Anyways. The Nyss have been finished and handed off to their owner. Now on my painting desk is Krueger, Human Kromac, and the rest of the stuff I still need to finish. And a Talon. And soon, one should hope, some Druids.

I've been on a big Privateer Press kick lately, and spend more time on their forums than on my usual ones, but the past week or so the Circle Orboros community has been full of nothing but whine, and it's a bit disappointing. I understand that MkII will change things, but come on guys... don't be such downers.

No comments: